Do you want to quickly take a photo of the whole screen or save a specific section of the desktop as an image? Or do you want to take a screenshot of an entire website without scrolling? Windows 10 makes all of this and much more possible. UPDATED shows you how you can easily create, edit and save the desired screenshot using the keyboard, browser, or a special tool.
Here Is a Full Detailed Guide “How To Screenshot On Pc” is given. All possible ways are covered with full explanation.
- Take a screenshot using the keyboard
- Create individual screenshots with tools
- Use more functions with “Snipping Tool Plus”
- Take screenshots of websites with add-ons
- Take screenshots from simple to flexible
Take a screenshot using the keyboard
Windows 10 naturally gives you several options for taking screenshots. Two programs are preinstalled for this. “Snipping Tool” has been firmly integrated into the Microsoft operating system since 2002. In 2018, another program was added so to say Capture with “Cut and Sketch”. Both programs are currently available in Windows 10 and differ only minimally in functionality and scope.
In Windows 10, you can easily take a screenshot with a keyboard shortcut. However, this method is not particularly flexible: you can only record the entire screen and automatically save the screenshot to the clipboard or save it directly in a folder. Here’s how the two types of keyboard screenshots work:
Take a screenshot and automatically save it in a folder
- Click on your keyboard on the Windows Tab + pRtSc(Print Screen) button. With laptops or small keyboards, you may also have to press the fn function key.
- The PC takes a screenshot. The screen darkens briefly (on most devices).
- The final screenshot you see then as a PNG file in the Explorer under This PC > Images > Image>Screen Photos
Take a screenshot and save it to the clipboard
The second way to take a screenshot using the keyboard is even easier. However, the system only stores the screenshot on the clipboard and does not save it directly on the computer.
- Press the Print key on your keyboard.
- The PC takes a screenshot and stores it on the clipboard.
- Open an image editing program such as Paint or Photoshop.
- Now press Ctrl + V on your keyboard to paste the picture from the clipboard into the program.
- If that doesn’t work, first open a new, empty file that is at least as large as your screen resolution. Then press Ctrl + V again. Now the screenshot should be pasted.
Create individual screenshots with tools
Special tools for creating screenshots have a great advantage: In contrast to using the keyboard, you can use them to adapt the screenshot to your needs before taking it. For example, you can preset that the screenshot should only be taken from a certain window or that you define a section yourself with the mouse, which the tool then saves as a screenshot.
Windows 10 provides you with Snip-ping already a matching program that you can use without any further installation tool. This makes it possible to take a variety of screenshots. You can at Know, game-se- mode recording and specify inter alia between ” Free off-the snow “ or ” Oblong off snow-to “ choose.
In addition, a delay can be entered, whereby the screenshot is only taken after one to five seconds. To take a screenshot with Snipping Tool, do the following:
- Click on the Windows Symbol bottom left of the taskbar and type in the search bar Snipping tool one.
Alternatively, you can be snipping the tool manually from the program is to open out. Scroll for easy up to the on-contract windows access-listen and click on it. You will find the program you are looking for in the list that opens.
- A search will open, click on the top result Snipping Tool.
- The program starts. Select it by clicking on the mode the kind of screenshot that you want to create, for example, window-snow-to.
- You can also add a delay to the recording by clicking on the corresponding menu item.
- Then click New to take the screenshot. Depending on the mode, the screenshot is taken directly or you can use crosshairs to define your own area for the screenshot or select a window to be photographed.
A window then opens in which the screenshot can be seen. Here you can now edit the screenshot, for example by drawing with a colored pencil or marking it with a highlighter. Then it is possible for the screenshot via the menu item ” Snip spec-manuals ” to store (the disk icon) on the computer or on ” Snip spec to ” (the envelope icon) to share via email.
If you want to use Snipping Tool more often, you can shorten the search for it. These steps are only necessary once:
- Click on the Windows Sym-bol bottom left of the taskbar.
- Scroll in the left column, the program-is te, to the one-contract win-dows access-listen and click on it.
- In the list that opens you will find the Snipping Tool.
- Click on it with the left mouse button and hold it down.
- Now you can play the program for In on the desktop or in the taskbar icon.
Tip: The editing options of the ” Snip-ping tool ” you are not enough? Then you can find the far right of the menu bar of the program brightly colored drop, which opens after clicking your screenshot directly into Paint 3D, where are the photo ten bear-at-wide can.
Microsoft has been offering another program for taking screenshots since 2018. “ Cut and sketch” is anchored even more deeply in the operating system than Sniping Tool. So you can, for example, the utility directly from the notification Slightest the lower right corner of the screen to call or via a keyboard shortcut: Shift + Win-dows TAb+ S.
Cut and sketch do not open a separate program window, but only one factory producing the slightest at the top of the screen. You can use the following cutting options here:
- Rectangular cutting allows you to use the mouse to draw a rectangular frame over the area that you want to save as a screenshot.
- Free cutting allows you to freely define the shape of the area you want to capture, for example, a circle or a triangle.
- The cut window takes a screenshot of the window you click, for example, an open browser or Windows Explorer.
- Cut out full-screen photographs, as the name suggests, the entire screen with all details and windows.
Cut and sketch keep the screenshot on the clipboard for further editing. You can paste it into any image editing program with Ctrl + V.
Tip: If you want to use cutting and sketching more often, you can set it up as the default program. So you can do it with an Fn open keystroke.
- Open the windows key + i settings.
- Click in the left bar on Taskbar
- Activate now the operation of the print key features by the scarf-ter shove to the right.
- Finally, restart your PC.
From now on you can start cutting and sketching at any time by simply pressing the print button.
Use more functions with “Snipping Tool Plus”
An alternative to the pre-installed tools of Windows 10 is the free ” Snipping Tool Plus “. This program has other extras to offer, for example, a variety of editing functions and a larger number of options for taking screenshots. With the tool, you can take a photo of your screen as follows:
- Download the tool and launch it. Installation is not necessary.
- The program has set a rectangle to be cut out by default. To use it to take a screenshot, click and hold the left mouse button. Now move the mouse and thereby determine the section for your screenshot.
- Release the left mouse button when the cutout fits you.
- A window with the screenshot opens. You can now edit it, save it or send it.
Do you want to customize the way screenshots individually before recording, does it using the buttons full screen or right-click, free-hand, expended, and Options. For example, you can automatically add a border to the screenshot, set a delay for the recording or specify a specific time at which the screenshot should be taken.
Following the recording, you’re looking at ” Snip-ping tool Plus “ several ways to edit the screenshots. For example, insert text or draw on it with a pen in any color of your choice. You can create a frame within the screenshot or erase parts of the image.
Take screenshots of websites with add-ons
With keyboard shortcuts and the right programs, you can record anything that is seen on the desktop. But especially with websites, not everything important is often visible in the browser window.
And how do you take a screenshot of an invisible part or an entire website? Very simple: with a suitable add-on. To do this, search for the add-on on Google, download it and install it in your browser. If you then click on the symbol of the add- on in the menu bar of your browser, it starts. Below you’ll find examples of different add- ons and Brow ser .
“Fireshot” for Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera and Internet Explorer
The add-on ” Fireshot “ enables you to create any screenshots – of entire websites, of individual excerpts, or just of the visible part of a page.
In addition, this add-on can be used to directly edit the screenshots taken, for example by cropping, blurring or inserting text. Dei-nen screen shot you save flexibly as PDF, PNG, GIF, JPEG or BMP.
“Nimbus Capture” for Google Chrome, Opera, Firefox, Edge and Safari
With ” Nimbus Capture “ you also take on screenshots from a complete site, selected parts or the visible range. In addition, you can call up an area on which you can draw yourself.
After the screenshot or drawing, the work can be edited in a variety of ways. For example, resize the screenshot, crop it, blur parts of the screenshot and add shapes, text or your own drawings. Then you can save the picture or print it directly or save it in Google Drive.
Take screenshots from simple to flexible
By itself, Windows 10 offers powerful and flexible programs for taking screenshots. The recording is not limited to the entire desktop but allows a precisely fitting selection of the relevant area.
Thanks to the clipboard, the screenshots can then be easily processed and shared. Numerous extensions for taking photos of websites are also available for browsers.