m-audio Bx5 D2 Review
For a home recording studio, studio lights/active loudspeakers are important – this enables the user to listen to recordings in their sound: without excessive bass or too brilliant highs. The studio monitors M-Audio BX5 D2 is perfect for this purpose. The excellent price-performance ratio is not just due to the low price but also to the very good manufacturing and 5-inch woofers. The sound quality of these active speakers is excellent and can also be followed up by professional, ambitious home studios.
The active loudspeakers M-Audio BX5 D2 are superb screen boxes for the home recording studio, suitable not only to hear your own recordings but also to just have some music at home. High-quality studio monitors are known to manufacture M-Audio, but other devices, such as audio interfaces, are also offered. The M-Audio BX5 D2 is a powerful speaker pair used in many home studios worldwide. This device is especially attracted by low prices for beginners in the home recording area.
With a combined output of 70 watts, even bigger studios can easily be delivered with sound. As a near-field monitor is set up / positioned directly on the desk or near the user, this plays a rather subordinate role. The tweeters measure 1 inch in diameter, the woofers measure 5 inches in diameter – this is extremely strong for home recording studio monitors.
m-audio Bx5 D2 Specs
- 5″ Kevlar woven low-frequency driver for precise bass
- 1″ enhanced waveguide natural silk dome tweeter improves clarity
- Efficient Class A/B amplification 70 Watt (40+30) distributed
- Balanced/unbalanced inputs of XLR and 1/4″
- Recessed LEDs support the correct positioning of the speaker for accurate monitoring
- Accurate Sound Mix, Master, and Record
- The BX5 D2 monitors use efficient bass porting, high-quality components, and two cabinet A/B amplifiers to achieve cohesive sound throughout the entire frequency spectrum-plus exceptional picture.
- Bi-amplified 70-watt distributed power studio monitor.
- Class A/B biamplification with precision crossover enables every speaker to reproduce your mix with amazing precision.
- 5-inch low frequency transducer for rich, defined lows with kevlar cones.
- 1-inch high-frequency drivers with natural silk cups and built-in waveguides for smooth, clear and broad sweet.
- Rear port for extended low-frequency response and air turbulence reduction.
- Magnetic protection removes interference with other electronic devices; video monitors, vintage audio outboard, etc.
- Balanced XLR and 1/4 inputs enable you to connect to numerous audio sources.
The M-Audio BX5 D2 Loudspeakers are excellent monitor boxes for the home recording studio, which are suitable not only for your own recordings but also just for home music. M-Audio is known for its high-quality studio monitors, but it is also available with other devices such as audio interfaces. The M-Audio BX5 D2 is a powerful speaker used in many home studios worldwide. In particular, the low price attracts beginners to this device in the home recording area.
Even bigger studios can be supplied with sound without any problems with a combined output of 70 watts for this system. Since close-field monitors are set up/located directly in the desk or near the user, this plays a rather subordinate role. The tweeters have a diameter of 1 inch and the woofers have a diameter of 5 inches, which is very strong for studio monitors. We show how good these studio speakers do in practice in our M-Audio BX5 D2 monitor.
The sound quality is of course the most important criterion with active speakers. The M-Audio BX5 D2 studio monitors in the entry-level area are relatively high quality, yet this model cannot compete with professional studio speakers – it does not have to be! The sound quality is amazing, and even larger rooms are very well filled with sound despite the narrow radiation properties. The sound sounds exactly what the home recording studio should be like: natural, clear, and uninterrupted. This makes listening to recordings in the studio easy for users.
The case is made of plastic and in the event of a defect, the back can be disengaged without problems. The inputs are all very high quality, and even after several weeks of intensive studio use in our M-Audio BX5 D2 test did not loosen. Even at a second glance, gaps or similar processing problems cannot be found. The design is very simple, and this is a major advantage for YouTubers and Let’s Player: Because the boxes don’t have their own accents, they almost go with any studio equipment.
Conclusion (m-audio Bx5 D2 Review)
Usually, you mean the nominal power in watts when you talk about power in a near-field monitor. The 70 watts of power combined with the very wide frequency range guarantee a good sound. The 5″ woofers and 1″ tweeters need space, but they sound great. The numerous entrances and additional features are impressive. These studio loudspeakers do everything right, from sound quality to equipment and manufacturing.
m-audio Bx5 D2